In my new blog series you will learn step-by-step how to setup and configure Veeam Cloud Connect to offer Backup-as-a-Service.
This series contains 3 blog posts:
1. Veeam Backup & Replication installation (this post)
2. Veeam Cloud Connect Backup – Service Provider configuration (will be posted on Jan. 9th)
3. Veeam Cloud Connect Backup – End-Customer configuration (will be posted on Feb. 6th)
For more information’s and details on Veeam Cloud Connect I highly recommend the Guide “Veeam Cloud Connect v9 -A reference architecture” written by our EMEA Cloud Architect, Luca Dell’Oca. You can find the guide here
Before we start please visit the Veeam website and download the latest version of Veeam Backup & Replication. Please also make sure you have you Veeam Cloud Connect license file ready for the installation. If you don’t have a license file yet, please reach out to your Veeam contact to get a test license or to purchase your production license.
Please find the latest system requirements for Veeam Cloud Connect here.
Veeam Backup & Replication Installation
After installing Windows Server 2016 on your virtual or physical server you can go ahead to install and configure Veeam Cloud Connect.
Therefore, either mount the ISO image or extract it directly within Windows to access the installation source.
- To start the installation please execute “Setup” within the root directory of the installation image.
- In the now open window select “Install”
- The Veeam Backup & Replication installation wizard will open up and you can proceed with the installation by accepting the license agreement. If you get the message for a .NET installation, please select “OK”.
- In the next window please click “Browse” and select your license file.
- At the next step you can define the installation path as well as the Veeam components. We recommend to leave everything with the default settings and just click “Next”.
- Veeam is now verifying if the server has all required software components installed. If now you will get a list with missing software packages. Please click “Install” and the wizard will automatically install all required components.
- Next step is to define different configuration settings like installation path, communication ports and SQL server settings. We recommend to leave everything on default as long as you don’t require an external SQL server.
- With a click on “Install” the Veeam Backup & Replication will be installed.
- To finish the installation please click on “Finish”.
Your Veeam installation is now finished and you can go ahead an configure Veeam Cloud Connect.
I hope this post was useful and look forward to welcome you again for the next post of this series.